“Social networks and blogs reach nearly 80% of active U.S. Internet users,” states a recent report released by Nielsen.
The value of time consumers spend online continues to explode, especially when it comes to their purchasing decisions being influenced by what they read and how their friends and other online users opinions influence them.
Today more than ever it’s critical traditional media, retailers, brands and advertisers understand how consumers create, share and use content.
There’s a global social epidemic happening right now. What is your organization doing to meet the social media challenge and compete?
Some stats that reveal the power and influence of today’s consumer:
* Social networks & blogs dominate Americans time online – accounting for nearly 25% time online
* Nearly 4 in 5 active Internet users visit social networks and blogs
* Americans spend more time on Facebook than on any other U.S. website
* Close to 40% of social media users access social media content from their mobile phone
* Social networking apps are the third most used among U.S. smartphone owners
* Internet users over age 55 are driving the growth of social networking through the Mobile Internet
* Men are the heaviest online video users overall streaming more videos and watching them longer
* 70% active online adult social networkers shop online -12% more likely than average adult Internet user
* 53% of active adult social networkers follow a brand, while 32% follow a celebrity
* Across a snapshot of 10 global markets, social networks & blogs reach over ¾ of active Internet users
* Tumblr is an emerging player in social media, nearly tripling its audience from a year ago.
For the full report visit: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/social